Buyers Meeting Point Editor Kelly Barner Featured on The Art of Procurement Podcast
Kelly Barner, Owner and Editor at Buyers Meeting Point, was featured in a recently released episode of The Art of Procurement podcast. Launched and hosted by ProcureChange’s Phil Ideson earlier this year, the podcast series was founded with a simple mission: to help elevate the procurement profession through access to actionable insights and an overview of the trends, products and services that are set to transform the procurement value proposition.
While the main topic of the podcast is the valuable role supply market intelligence should play in strategic procurement, the coversation touches on a number of subjects, including the rise of robotic process automation (RPA) and the role it may soon have in the field of procurement.
The episode covers the following topics:
- The origin story of Buyers Meeting Point (BMP), and the role that BMP plays today in the procurement community.
- Key trends impacting the future of procurement.
- An overview of Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and the impact that RPA will have both on the services that procurement helps a business buy, and the procurement function itself.
- The shift in procurement technology away from end-to-end solutions to niche products that will integrate with each other.
- An overview of what Supply Market Intelligence really is.
- Why the acquisition of Supply Market Intelligence need not be an expensive pursuit (hint: the data you need is already out there somewhere).
- Why access to Supply Market Intelligence is critical to building stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Considerations when building a framework to operationalize the gathering of relevant Supply Market Intelligence.